Eventide introduced the UltraTap pedal. It was originally announced on a Live Stream Event on April 13, 2021. The UltraTap pedal provides “a multiverse of tone.”
UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect pedal capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells, and extraordinary modulation. It’s the perfect tool for staccato leads, swelling chords, and other evolving effects – everything from reversed reverbs to the sound of ripping it up in the Grand Canyon!
Think of UltraTap as the mother of all Echoplexes and you won’t be too far off. That’s basically how it operates but with the flexibility to add as many ‘tape heads’ as you want and expressively control their positions and levels.
UltraTap’s controls make possible new and unexpected effects. The controls that you would expect in a multi-tap delay pedal – Number of Taps, Delay and Feedback – are just the basics. Controls for Spread, Slurm, and Chop open up a new world of possibilities.
- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software.
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
- Real panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels of guitars, synths, FX loops, or DAW interface.
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB.
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, or Kill dry.
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manger PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings, and creating/saving presets.
Eventide introduced MicroPitch Delay. It is the “secret sauce” heard on countless hit records.
Popularized in the H3000 Harmonizer, MicroPitch Delay allows musicians to achieve subtle tone fattening, lush stereo widening, rich detuned delays, thick modulation, and tempo-synced special effects. It also features onboard tone controls with mono or stereo operation, MIDI, preset storing, and most importantly a new compact, easy-to-use, delicious red package.
By utilizing subtle pitch shifts to create a rich stereo spread, MicroPitch Delay makes anything you cook up sonically delectable. This pedal is the key ingredient for serving up flavorful tone: Instantly harness soaring leads that jump out of the mix, add distinct lushness to a compelling clean passage and get your fill of vibey modulation that’s sure to sweeten any pot with the push of a button.
Sample a bite of newly baked up Positive and Negative Envelope modulation sources and you’ll be sure to come back for seconds; and major and minor thirds. MicroPitch Delay adds unparalleled dimension to any source; it’s not just a guitar pedal – Use it to thicken vocals, keyboards, drums, strings, brass, winds and more.
- Experience the latest incarnation of an iconic effect that originated with the legendary H910 and H949 Harmonizers, and later popularized with the H3000.
- Dual pitch-shifted delay with fine resolution de-tuning and modulation on tap
- Achieve subtle tone fattening, lush stereo widening, rich returned delays, thick modulation, and tempo-synced special effects
- New positive envelope and negative envelop modulation sources
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Real panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
- Use a single Aux switch to engage FLEX which doubles the pitches or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass operations: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
Eventide has a Holiday Giveaway that will last through December of 2020. The prizes will change each week. Those who want to enter the Eventide Holiday Giveaway must fill out a form on their website and like or follow Eventide on at least one of their social media pages (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram).
This holiday season, we will be giving away over $5,000 in prizes throughout the month of December! Every week we’ll have a different prize package, so be sure to stay tuned to find out what we’ll be giving away next!
The current Eventide Holiday Giveaway (Week 3) is the Ultimate Home Studio. Eventide partnered with Arturia and Newfangled Audio to give one lucky winner this Ultimate Home Studio bundle. It is valued at over $3,000. This prize package includes every Eventide plug-in, the entire suite of Newfangled Audio plug-ins, and an Arturia KeyLab 61 MkII.
Eventide has a vast amount of plug-ins, some of which have been put together in bundles. Individual plug-ins focus on effects, reverb, clockwork legacy, or utility.
The Auturia KeLab 61 MkII was released in 2018. It combines the comprehensive control of Auturia’s classic original KeyLab with the streamlined workflow and smart features of KeyLab Essential, while adding exciting new features and a new level of quality, expression, and luxury. KeyLab MkII is the must-have controller for professional music makers.
Newfangled Audio has several plug-ins. Generate is a chaotic polysynth extraordinaire. Pendulate is a free chaotic monosynth. Elevate is a master limiter with a brain. Equivocate has human ear EQ. Punctuate is an intelligent transient shaper. Saturate is a spectral clipper and psychoacoustic overdrive.
Eventide has a Holiday Savings Event that will last through January 4, 2021. Save on hundreds on select plug-ins and bundles, including their 23 plug-in Anthology XI bundle and Newfangled Audio’s Elevate Mastering Bundle! There’s never been a better time to stock up on award winning effects.
Products in the Holiday Savings Event include:
Anthology XI (now $499.00): Anthology XI is a suite of 23 plug-ins that span over 45 years of legendary Eventide sounds. From channel strips to reverbs to multi-effects. Anthology XI has all the tools you need to enhance your tracks and to fire your imagination. A true must-have for any size studio.
Elevate Bundle (now $79.99): Elevate is the most advanced mastering plug-in ever created. This unique multi-band limiter, human-ear EQ and powerful audio maximizer will increase the loudness of your mix while maintaining or improving its dynamic perception. It uses intelligent, adaptive, technology that responds in real time to your music; creating not only the loudest, but the best sounding master.
H9 Plug-in Series (now $299.00): The H9 Plug-in Series Bundle is an iconic collection of powerful effects from the H9 Harmonizer. Built for the modern producer, the H9 Plug-in Series Bundle has everything you need to reverberate, modulate, delay, crush, pitch shift and saturate your audio. Valued at over $1100 if purchased separately, this collection has some of the most sought-after Eventide effects. It’s a must-have toolkit for all producers, engineers, sound designers and musicians who want to add expressive effects to their sound.
Ultra Essentials Bundle (now $99.00): Designed as the ultimate toolset for producers, engineers and sound designers, the Ultra Essentials Bundle features three of Eventide’s most powerful plugins: UltraChannel, UltraReverb and UltraTap. Whether you are mixing or tracking a record, live sound or post production, Eventide’s Ultra Essentials will not only make everyday tasks easier but also fire your imagination.
Eventide has released the Pro Tools HD/HDX Expansion Card for H9000 products. The H9000 is the most powerful effects processor available with up to 128 channels of simultaneous signal processing, thousands of effects, and a generous complement of analog and digital audio I/O.
This new user-installable expansion card allows Pro Tools HDX and HD Native users to connect their H9000 or H9000R via its Primary DigiLink port – adding up to 32 channels. It can alternatively be daisy-chained with other Pro Tools interfaces via the Secondary DigiLink port with the included 12′ mini-Diglink cable.
Eventide’s flagship multi-effects processor, the H9000, continues their unbroken tradition of delivering industry-leading signal processing power to the pro audio community. The culmination of nearly fifty years of R&D, the H9000 comes loaded with over 1600 unique algorithms from recreations of beloved classics to Eventide’s latest and greatest effects. The wealth of included effects will offer users many years of exploration and inspiration.
The H9000 offers optional network audio I/0 via 3 expansion card slots with up to 32 channels of bidirectional audio each.
The new Pro-Tools Expansion Card allows Pro Tools HDX or HD Native users to connect the H9000 directly for up to 32 channels of direct I/O with Pro Tools HD via its Primary DigiLink port. It can alternately be daisy-chained with other Pro Tools interfaces via the Secondary DigiLink port with the included 12′ mini-Digilink cable. The H9000 can provide the master clock. Concurrent with the release of the Pro Tools HD Expansion Card is the release of version 1.3 operating software for the H9000.
Dante Expansion Card Features:
- Audinate Brooklyn II Dante Module based design
- Supports 32 in / 32 out operation at all supported H9000 sample rates
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: Brooklyn II Module, Dante network, H9000
- AES67 Support
- Either 2 Primary and 2 Redundant Networks Connections or 4 Primary Network Connections
- Can reside in any H9000 Option Slot
MADI Expansion Card Features:
- Supports full AES5 compatibility
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: H9000 or the selected MADI RX Stream
- 32 In/32 Out operation at 48kHz
- Optical, Coax or ExpressCard (RME proprietary) connections
Newfangled Audio is happy to offer Pendulate for free on the Eventide website. Pendulate is Newfangled Audio’s first synth. It is a chaotic monosynth based on the physics of a double pendulum.
Pendulate is a monosynth in the “west coast” style, inspired by the ideas of Don Buchia. However, we’ve replaced the oscillator with a chaotic system based on the physics of a double pendulum. The result is a synth that can create biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures.
Pendulate uses a brand new oscillator design to produce sounds different from any other synth. It features a chaotic oscillator based on a double pendulum. What initially looks random actually contains underlying patterns of interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. When designing the Pendulate oscillator, Newfangled Audio took great care to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again.
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchia 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchia 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Envelop and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modulator synth should
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modulates each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang
Eventide introduced ShimmerVerb. It is a unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters for ethereal ambience. It is on sale now. You can download a free 30-day demo from the Eventide website.
ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers masking any signal, well, “shimmer.” Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using pitch shifting hardware such as Eventide’s H910, H949, or H3000 (or other rack mount units) in combination with a reverb.
This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2’s The Unforgettable Fire. Now, this iconic sound has been has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals.
ShimmerVerb shines via its playable, performance-based parameters. THE RIBBON is an easy to program performance macro allowing users to morph between two settings with one control. Desktop users can plug in a MIDI keyboard and gain tactile command over this function via the modulation wheel. Ribbon mappings are great for Feedback swells, moving the Pitch knobs, or changing the Size for a massive detuning result.
ShimmerVerb also boasts a HOTSWITCH for calling up another state of parameters inside the same preset. Use this for changing octaves, turning off/on the pitch shifters, or simply turning the Mix up or down while crafting your performance. Finally, the FREEZE button allows you to make smeared textures out of single voices, full pads, or percussive elements resulting in metallic “shimmers.”
- Unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters on the reverb tail
- Easily pitch with perfect fourths, fifths, and octaves
- MicroPitch tuning available around perfect intervals
- Four octaves of pitch shifting (from two octaves down to two octaves up)
- Delay pitched signals up to one second or sync them to your DAW’s tempo
- FEEDBACK determines how much delayed signal is fed back into the input of the reverb
- Low, Mid, and High cross-over network determines which frequencies are fed back
- FREEZE holds the current state of the reverb in a smeared texture
- The RIBBON allows for real-time modification of several parameters at once
- HOTSWITCH allows for instant switching between two sets of parameters within one preset
Eventide Audio is offering Undulator, on a special offer of $19. Eventide Audio is committed to supporting the fight against systemic racism and violence. They will be donating 100% of the proceeds of the Undulator desktop plug-in to the Equal Justice Initiative & NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Undulator is a unique, rhythmic effect combining ethereal feedback and detuned echos running through an AM/FM modulated tremolo. Transform ordinary synths, keys, guitars, and vocals into evolving pads, tempo synched production elements, or ethereal and fluctuant delays. Add Undulator into your plug-ins collection for the most playable tremolo-style effect on your DAW or iOS device.
- Turn up the MIX to increase the dry/effect ratio
- Utilize multiple modulation waveform shapes and sources to alter the rhythmic feel
- Subtly finesse detuning of delays by using SPREAD
- Add FEEDBACK to accentuate delays or create infinite loops
- The Secondary LFO determines how fast the depth and speed modulation “wiggle” their targets
- Lock the tremolo to tempo using SYNC
- RETRIG at the top of the wavform for a more predictable effect
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice.
- SLOW/FAST button toggles on a “Slow LFO” mode. Holding it down to “BRAKE” temporarily slows down the LFOs at a constant rate until released.
- Use MIDI to control the Ribbon (CC#1), Active/Bypass (CC#2), Slow/Fast (#CC3), or Tap (#CC4)
- Available for Mac and Windows as a VST, AAX, and AU plug-in
- iOS version available on App Store works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect.
Eventide has introduced Rotary Mod, a classic 60s style whirly, Leslie Cab modulation redefined for your DAW. Eventide is offering Rotary Mod as an Intro Sale on desktop for $39 (regular $99), and on iOS for $4.99 (regular $7.99). You can download a free 30-day demo of Rotary Mod.
Rotary Mod is a rotating speaker effect that stimulates a Leslie cabinet. Just like the original sound derived from the uber-famous Hammond organ’s Leslie speaker cabinet, the plug-in produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary offers precise control to dial in the exact amount of movement you need. This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths and vocals.
Features of Rotary Mod include:
- Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos
- Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source
- Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone
- Craft the exact sound you need with included Hicut control
- Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song
- Incredibly easy to use with included presets
- Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant
- Also available as an Audio Units Auv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app
Eventide has introduced MicroPitch, a fine resolution pitch-shifter for stereo widening, special FX and new dimensions in sound. It is currently on sale for desktop for $39, and on iOS for $6.99.
MicroPitch is a fine-resolution pitch shifter for subtle tone fattening, plus delays for dramatic slap back effects. It can take you beyond the run-of-the-mill stereo spread effects and simple micropitch plugins. It goes above and beyond by allowing you to mix in detuned and delayed versions of your source, creating depth and dimensions not possible before. With its expanded controls you can achieve deep pitch dives, haunting echoes, and pristine chorusing effects.
The plug-in has been enhanced for experimentation and live performance and fine-tuned for your desktop, laptop, or iPad. It also promises much more tweak-ability than simple pitch shifting plug-ins. Tone, Modulation, and Feedback controls provide territory for ear-catching production techniques. Unleash the full range of MicroPitch’s parameters and you can discover rich repeating delays, thick modulations, and tempo-synced special effects.
- Two voices of pitch shifting, one from unison to -50 cents, the other from unison to +50 cents, each with up to 2 seconds of delay
- Classic stereo-spreading effect
- Slapback effects using longer delay times
- TONE for fine-tuning the voices to fit perfectly in your mix
- PITCH MIX for layering the two voice by setting the balance between each shifted delay
- MOD DEPTH and RATE for a chorusing effect on each voice
- FEEDBACK for pitch dive/rise effects
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice
- MIXLOCK keeps MIX control constant as you addition presets
- Available for Mac and PC as VST, AAX, and AU plug-in
- iOS version works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect