Eventide has released the Pro Tools HD/HDX Expansion Card for H9000 products. The H9000 is the most powerful effects processor available with up to 128 channels of simultaneous signal processing, thousands of effects, and a generous complement of analog and digital audio I/O.
This new user-installable expansion card allows Pro Tools HDX and HD Native users to connect their H9000 or H9000R via its Primary DigiLink port – adding up to 32 channels. It can alternatively be daisy-chained with other Pro Tools interfaces via the Secondary DigiLink port with the included 12′ mini-Diglink cable.
Eventide’s flagship multi-effects processor, the H9000, continues their unbroken tradition of delivering industry-leading signal processing power to the pro audio community. The culmination of nearly fifty years of R&D, the H9000 comes loaded with over 1600 unique algorithms from recreations of beloved classics to Eventide’s latest and greatest effects. The wealth of included effects will offer users many years of exploration and inspiration.
The H9000 offers optional network audio I/0 via 3 expansion card slots with up to 32 channels of bidirectional audio each.
The new Pro-Tools Expansion Card allows Pro Tools HDX or HD Native users to connect the H9000 directly for up to 32 channels of direct I/O with Pro Tools HD via its Primary DigiLink port. It can alternately be daisy-chained with other Pro Tools interfaces via the Secondary DigiLink port with the included 12′ mini-Digilink cable. The H9000 can provide the master clock. Concurrent with the release of the Pro Tools HD Expansion Card is the release of version 1.3 operating software for the H9000.
Dante Expansion Card Features:
- Audinate Brooklyn II Dante Module based design
- Supports 32 in / 32 out operation at all supported H9000 sample rates
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: Brooklyn II Module, Dante network, H9000
- AES67 Support
- Either 2 Primary and 2 Redundant Networks Connections or 4 Primary Network Connections
- Can reside in any H9000 Option Slot
MADI Expansion Card Features:
- Supports full AES5 compatibility
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: H9000 or the selected MADI RX Stream
- 32 In/32 Out operation at 48kHz
- Optical, Coax or ExpressCard (RME proprietary) connections
Newfangled Audio is happy to offer Pendulate for free on the Eventide website. Pendulate is Newfangled Audio’s first synth. It is a chaotic monosynth based on the physics of a double pendulum.
Pendulate is a monosynth in the “west coast” style, inspired by the ideas of Don Buchia. However, we’ve replaced the oscillator with a chaotic system based on the physics of a double pendulum. The result is a synth that can create biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures.
Pendulate uses a brand new oscillator design to produce sounds different from any other synth. It features a chaotic oscillator based on a double pendulum. What initially looks random actually contains underlying patterns of interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. When designing the Pendulate oscillator, Newfangled Audio took great care to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again.
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchia 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchia 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Envelop and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modulator synth should
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modulates each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang
Eventide introduced ShimmerVerb. It is a unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters for ethereal ambience. It is on sale now. You can download a free 30-day demo from the Eventide website.
ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers masking any signal, well, “shimmer.” Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using pitch shifting hardware such as Eventide’s H910, H949, or H3000 (or other rack mount units) in combination with a reverb.
This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2’s The Unforgettable Fire. Now, this iconic sound has been has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals.
ShimmerVerb shines via its playable, performance-based parameters. THE RIBBON is an easy to program performance macro allowing users to morph between two settings with one control. Desktop users can plug in a MIDI keyboard and gain tactile command over this function via the modulation wheel. Ribbon mappings are great for Feedback swells, moving the Pitch knobs, or changing the Size for a massive detuning result.
ShimmerVerb also boasts a HOTSWITCH for calling up another state of parameters inside the same preset. Use this for changing octaves, turning off/on the pitch shifters, or simply turning the Mix up or down while crafting your performance. Finally, the FREEZE button allows you to make smeared textures out of single voices, full pads, or percussive elements resulting in metallic “shimmers.”
- Unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters on the reverb tail
- Easily pitch with perfect fourths, fifths, and octaves
- MicroPitch tuning available around perfect intervals
- Four octaves of pitch shifting (from two octaves down to two octaves up)
- Delay pitched signals up to one second or sync them to your DAW’s tempo
- FEEDBACK determines how much delayed signal is fed back into the input of the reverb
- Low, Mid, and High cross-over network determines which frequencies are fed back
- FREEZE holds the current state of the reverb in a smeared texture
- The RIBBON allows for real-time modification of several parameters at once
- HOTSWITCH allows for instant switching between two sets of parameters within one preset
Eventide Audio is offering Undulator, on a special offer of $19. Eventide Audio is committed to supporting the fight against systemic racism and violence. They will be donating 100% of the proceeds of the Undulator desktop plug-in to the Equal Justice Initiative & NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Undulator is a unique, rhythmic effect combining ethereal feedback and detuned echos running through an AM/FM modulated tremolo. Transform ordinary synths, keys, guitars, and vocals into evolving pads, tempo synched production elements, or ethereal and fluctuant delays. Add Undulator into your plug-ins collection for the most playable tremolo-style effect on your DAW or iOS device.
- Turn up the MIX to increase the dry/effect ratio
- Utilize multiple modulation waveform shapes and sources to alter the rhythmic feel
- Subtly finesse detuning of delays by using SPREAD
- Add FEEDBACK to accentuate delays or create infinite loops
- The Secondary LFO determines how fast the depth and speed modulation “wiggle” their targets
- Lock the tremolo to tempo using SYNC
- RETRIG at the top of the wavform for a more predictable effect
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice.
- SLOW/FAST button toggles on a “Slow LFO” mode. Holding it down to “BRAKE” temporarily slows down the LFOs at a constant rate until released.
- Use MIDI to control the Ribbon (CC#1), Active/Bypass (CC#2), Slow/Fast (#CC3), or Tap (#CC4)
- Available for Mac and Windows as a VST, AAX, and AU plug-in
- iOS version available on App Store works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect.
Eventide has introduced Rotary Mod, a classic 60s style whirly, Leslie Cab modulation redefined for your DAW. Eventide is offering Rotary Mod as an Intro Sale on desktop for $39 (regular $99), and on iOS for $4.99 (regular $7.99). You can download a free 30-day demo of Rotary Mod.
Rotary Mod is a rotating speaker effect that stimulates a Leslie cabinet. Just like the original sound derived from the uber-famous Hammond organ’s Leslie speaker cabinet, the plug-in produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary offers precise control to dial in the exact amount of movement you need. This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths and vocals.
Features of Rotary Mod include:
- Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos
- Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source
- Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone
- Craft the exact sound you need with included Hicut control
- Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song
- Incredibly easy to use with included presets
- Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant
- Also available as an Audio Units Auv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app
Eventide has introduced MicroPitch, a fine resolution pitch-shifter for stereo widening, special FX and new dimensions in sound. It is currently on sale for desktop for $39, and on iOS for $6.99.
MicroPitch is a fine-resolution pitch shifter for subtle tone fattening, plus delays for dramatic slap back effects. It can take you beyond the run-of-the-mill stereo spread effects and simple micropitch plugins. It goes above and beyond by allowing you to mix in detuned and delayed versions of your source, creating depth and dimensions not possible before. With its expanded controls you can achieve deep pitch dives, haunting echoes, and pristine chorusing effects.
The plug-in has been enhanced for experimentation and live performance and fine-tuned for your desktop, laptop, or iPad. It also promises much more tweak-ability than simple pitch shifting plug-ins. Tone, Modulation, and Feedback controls provide territory for ear-catching production techniques. Unleash the full range of MicroPitch’s parameters and you can discover rich repeating delays, thick modulations, and tempo-synced special effects.
- Two voices of pitch shifting, one from unison to -50 cents, the other from unison to +50 cents, each with up to 2 seconds of delay
- Classic stereo-spreading effect
- Slapback effects using longer delay times
- TONE for fine-tuning the voices to fit perfectly in your mix
- PITCH MIX for layering the two voice by setting the balance between each shifted delay
- MOD DEPTH and RATE for a chorusing effect on each voice
- FEEDBACK for pitch dive/rise effects
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice
- MIXLOCK keeps MIX control constant as you addition presets
- Available for Mac and PC as VST, AAX, and AU plug-in
- iOS version works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect
Eventide has introduced CrushStation, a plug-in that is being offered as an introductory special for desktop ($39) / iOS ($9.99). Download a free 30-day demo and check it out! An iLok account is required for download.
A versatile, best-in-class, stereo distortion platform for your Mac, PC or iPad/Phone. Its controls can drive your tone from creamy saturation to a brutal sonic assault. But distortion is just the starting point. CrushStation brings multi-effects to the mix by adding a three-band EQ, Compression, Octave Mix and Eventide’s unique take of failing hardware, the Sag control. Use the MIX Control to blend your dry signal with CrushStation to create parallel compression, distortion, and other creative effects.
- “FIX”a weak snare track by adding just a bit of Grit & Compression
- “FIT” finesse the lead into your mix by adding a bit of warmth and bottom
- “FEATURE” the lead by crushing it ’til it hurts.
The plug-in comes loaded with 35 Factory Presets capable of adding spice, flair, crude and crunch to suit a variety of production styles. Get guitars, bass and synths to sit perfectly in the mix by dialing in warmth and depth with “PunkRock Lobster.” The Grit control in “Fat n Snappy” adds preamp-style distortion that can help bring out kicks in the mix with. “Big Pop Octaves” adds subtle distortion and lower octaves for unique pitch blending vocal effects.
Eventide is having a Holiday Sale where you can save up to 75% on Anthology XI and Elevate Mastering Bundle. This sale has been extended to January 2, 2020. Eventide recommends that you place your order by December 24, 2019, in order to guarantee shipping this year. Be aware that the Eventide Store will be closed from December 24, 2019, through January 2, 2019.
Anthology XI is a suite of 23 plug-ins that span over 45 years of legendary Eventide sounds. The bundle includes emulations of legendary boxes plus classic EQs, compressors, dynamics processors, delays, reverbs, and pitch changers used by the best in business.
- H3000 Factory™
- 2016 Stereo Room
- H3000 Band Delays™
- H910 Harmonizer®
- Dual H910
- Dual H949
- EQ65 Filter Set
- EQ45 Parametric Equalizer
- Precision Time Align™
- Instant Phaser™
- Instant Flanger™
Elevate Bundle is the most advanced mastering bundle every created. It features a powerful multi-band limiter, graphic EQ, spectral clipper, and transient modulator. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology creating not only the loudest, but the best sounding master.
This bundle features three additional plug-ins:
EQuivocate is a graphic EQ that uses filters which are modeled on the human ear. Perfect for mixing and mastering. EQviocate’s auditory filters and match EQ functionality make it incredibly powerful, simple to use, and natural sounding.
Saturate is a saturation plug-in made popular as the final Spectral Clipper stage in the Elevate plug-in. Saturate has two controls which belie a sophisticated signal processing engine which allows it to overdrive a signal without effecting the tonal balance or allowing the signal to get “tubby”.
Punctuate is heavily based on the Transient Emphasis section of the Elevate Mastering Limiter. It is a multi-band transient modulator (sometimes called a transient designer) that uses, by default, the 26 critical brands in the human ear. In addition, to using critical bands, it also uses intelligent algorithms to set the parameters of the transient modulator for each band.
Eventide announced a flash sale on two classic Eventide effects – Instant Phaser Mk II and Instant Flanger Mk II. It is unclear how long the flash sale will last, so if this is something you are interested in, you may want to move quickly.
Instant Phaser Mk II features the same legendary sound with all the analog personality of the original hardware from 1971. Plugin offers three different flavors of phasing and innovative Age knob. The regular price is $129. It is 75% off during the flash sale.
Instant Flanger Mk II brings vintage take flanging to your plug-in toolbox. A truly versatile tool, you can use it for stereo sweetening, subtle modulations, double tracking and extreme flanging effects. The regular price is $129. It is 75% off during the flash sale.
Right now, it is possible to request a Plug-in Demo for several of Eventide’s plug-ins. The list includes both Instant Phaser Mk II and Instant Flanger Mk II. You must have an iLok account to request an Eventide demo.
Eventide is having a 4th of July Savings Event that will last through July 8, 2019. You can get Blackhole, UltraTap and MangledVerb for $29 each while the sale is on.
Blackhole is a reverb plug-in that breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality. At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes, those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.
UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells and extraordinary modulation. It’s the perfect tool for creating drum fils, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords and other evolving effects – everything from reversed reverbs to a massed church choir singing a Gregorian chant in Notre-Dame Cathedral!
MangledVerb is a unique effect combining reverb and distortion. Ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer, MangledVerb is capable of creating lush reverbs, ripping distortion leads and sound-sculpting musical chaos. Guitarists have used it for years to create signature sounds and now you can have it for your favorite DAW.