Blackmagic Design announced Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR, an advanced 8K DisplayPort monitoring solution with dual on screen scope overlays, HDR, 33 point 3D LUT’s and monitor calibration that’s been specifically designed for the professional film and television market to take advantage of a new generation of monitors such as the Pro Display XDR.
Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HRD will be available in October 2019 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide for US $1,295.
Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR is an advance 8K monitoring solution for DisplayPort computer displays or high quality monitors such a the new Pro Display XDR. Unlike basic converters, Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR can use third party calibration probes to accurately align connected displays for precise color.
There’s even 2 on-screen scopes that can be selected between WFM, Parade, Vector and Histogram. Teranex MiniSDI DisplayPort 8K HDR is perfect for film studios and broadcasters who need professional but affordable color accurate monitoring. Customers can also get an elegant design with color LCD for monitoring and control of settings.
The front panel includes controls and a color display for input video, audio meters and the video standard indicator. The rear panel has Quad Link 12G-SDI for HD, Ultra HD as well as 8K formats.
There’s 2 DisplayPort connections for regular monitors or USB-C style DisplayPort monitors such as the new Pro Display XDR. The built in scaler will ensure the video input standard is scaled to the native resolution of the connected DisplayPort monitor. Customers can even connect both 2SI or Square Division inputs.
- Includes support for HDR via SDI and DisplayPort
- 2 built-in scopes live overlaid on monitoring
- Film industry quality 33 point 3D LUTs
- Supports automatic monitor calibration using color probes
- Advanced Quad Link 12G-SDI inputs for 8K
- Scales input video to the native monitor resolution
- Includes LCD for monitoring and menu settings
- Utility software included Mac and Windows
- Supports latest 8K DisplayPort monitors and displays
- Can be used on a desktop or rack mounted