Newfangled Audio is happy to offer Pendulate for free on the Eventide website. Pendulate is Newfangled Audio’s first synth. It is a chaotic monosynth based on the physics of a double pendulum.
Pendulate is a monosynth in the “west coast” style, inspired by the ideas of Don Buchia. However, we’ve replaced the oscillator with a chaotic system based on the physics of a double pendulum. The result is a synth that can create biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures.
Pendulate uses a brand new oscillator design to produce sounds different from any other synth. It features a chaotic oscillator based on a double pendulum. What initially looks random actually contains underlying patterns of interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. When designing the Pendulate oscillator, Newfangled Audio took great care to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again.
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchia 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchia 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
- Envelop and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modulator synth should
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modulates each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang
Newfangled Audio is offering 50% off upgrades to the Elevate bundle. For a limited time, you can get the Elevate bundle for just $99 USD / 99 EUR (50% savings), with upgrades as low as $19. You’ll get Elevate, plus EQuivocate, Saturate, and Punctuate, all for one discounted price.
There is an Elevate Bundle Pricing Overview that is available through Eventide. Those who have an iLok account can use it to see what pricing they qualify for based on past purchases. That said, if you own Elevate, you may download the latest v1.5 update for free.
Elevate is the most advanced mastering plug-in ever created. This unique multi-band limiter, human-ear EQ and powerful audio maximizer will increase the loudness of your mix while maintaining or improving its dynamic perception. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real time to your music; creating not only the loudest, but the best sounding master.
Developed by Newfangled Audio, Elevate maintains subtle dynamics and improves the tonal balance of your mix. The adaptive limiter analyzes 26 frequency bands and alters the gain, speed, and transients for each band in real time. The result is a transparent, natural sound, no matter how hard you push it.
The entire Elevate Bundle (Elevate, EQuivocate, Saturate, and Punctuate), now supports MacOS 10.15 Catalina, as well as other features. Grab a free trial or update your plugins to the latest builds right from the Newfangled Audio website.
Newfangled Audio is offering a sale on the Punctuate Intelligent Transient Shaper. The Punctuate plug-in is now available on it’s own for the first time ever! Get it for a limited time for $49 (50% off).
Transient shapers are used by top mix engineers to either crank up or soften the transients of instruments, emphasizing either the attack or sustain. However, traditional transient shapers work on the whole signal at once, modulating the whole frequency range when the transient snap is only happening in one band.
Punctuate uses a model of the human ear to run a set of transient shapers across the whole spectrum of human hearing. This allows you to tailor the attack of a whole range of instruments, busses, and whole mixes without messing with the entire frequency range. The result is unparalleled transient shaping power focused where you need it, and not where you don’t.
- Multi-Band Transient Emphasis or Suppression magically reshapes the dynamics or your single channel or whole mix
- Auditory Modeling means that even drastic changes sound natural
- Intelligent Adaptive Algorithms allow you to control up to 26 transient shapers with just 4 controls
- Integrated metering shows you what the algorithm is doing at all times
- Filter Bank page lets you modify the filters and solo each channel for expert tweaking if desired