Zoom has introduced the LiveTrak L-8. It is for podcasting, music, and beyond! Zoom LiveTrak L-8 makes it easier than ever to mix, monitor, and record professional-sounding podcasts and music performances in one portable, affordable, package.
One of the cool things podcasters can do with the LiveTrak L-8 is do remote interviews. Connect your phone via the provided TRRS cable. The Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback to and from the caller. Or use the USB connection to route audio from Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Slack, and more.
Doing a podcast with several participants who are all at the same location? The L-8 is equipped with four headphone outputs so that each participant can clearly hear what is going on. The L-8 records everyone on their own separate tracks directly to your SD card, enabling you to edit them later.
For musicians, LiveTrak L-8 features six high performance preamps each with phantom power, a low noise floor (-121dBU EIN), and a maximum input gain of +54dB. There are two Hi-Z, line level, and USB inputs. You can also fine-tune each channel with EQ and onboard effects.
L-8 lets musicians record up to 10 discrete tracks plus a stereo mix directly to an SD card at resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz. You can punch-in and overdub with ease, then transfer your work to your favorite DAW for tuning.
- 8-channel mixer (6 combo, plus 2 TS)
- 12-track simultaneous recording, 10-track playback
- Mix-Minus function preventing audio feedback from dial-in guests.
- TRRS connection and included TRRS cable for phone connectivity
- 6 assignable Sound Pads, with 13 preset sounds
- 4 headphone outputs, consisting of 3 custom monitor mixes, plus one main mix
- 3-band EQ and a low-cut function
- 7 scene memories for storing mixes
- 12-in / 4-out USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode (for iOS compatibility)
- Battery operated with four AA batteries or a USB power supply
- Record up to 24-bit/96kHz, record up to 48kHZ to computer and SD card simultaneously
The box includes a LiveTrak L-8 Mixer/Recorder, a TRRS cable, a USB cable, an AD-17 AC adapter, and a Quick Guide.