DJI, the world’s leader in creative camera technology, announced the latest addition to the renowned Ronin series, the Ronin-S Compact (SC), a single-handed 3-axis gimbal designed for popular mirrorless cameras. Using over a decade of experience creating aerial and handheld gimbals, the Ronin-SC offers a highly compact design, high-grade materials and advanced technology to open the world of creative possibilities for users capturing videos and photographs.
The Ronin-SC was created to be portable and travel friendly, weighing only 2.4 lbs., 41% lighter than the Ronin-S and can be taken apart to easily fit into backpacks and cases. The reduced weight makes the Ronin-SC not only easily transportable but aids in reducing fatigue when using it on extended photo and video shoots.
Using high quality materials including magnesium, steel, aluminum and composite plastic, the Ronin-SC’s durable construction is built to last and endure everyday use. Its powerful high-grade motors are capable of supporting up to 4.4 lbs and its dedicated battery offers users up to 11 hours of operation.
Taking feedback from the Ronin-S, the Ronin-SC offers new design features including 3 axis locks on the pan, tilt and roll axis which makes balancing the camera simplified as well as helping during transportation.
Additionally, the Ronin-SC features a new position lock system. Once the gimbal is balanced, the time it takes to remount the camera and start working is mere seconds, saving precious time during shoots. Similar to the Ronin-S, users can control the gimbal movement with the responsive joystick and easily access different modes and gimbal settings with the use of the Mode (M) button and the front trigger button.
A staple in the Ronin series, the Ronin-SC features a host of intelligent modes to inspire all levels of content creators. Using the redesigned Ronin app, users can set up to 3 different custom profiles, adjust various settings such as motor output and even run balance tests to ensure that the camera system is properly setup.
- New Force Mobile: The new Force Mobile, similar to Force Pro, conveniently synchronizes the movement of your connected mobile device with the Ronin-SC gimbal, offering an immersive filming experience.
- New ActiveTrack 3.0: Using a mobile device, Ronin-SC users can select a subject for the gimbal to accurately follow. The new algorithms include deep learning deep learning and optimized calculations for human figures.
- Virtual Joystick: Control gimbal movement remotely using the virtual joystick, ideal for when Ronin-SC is on a tripod or monopod.
- TimeLapse: Create compelling TimeLapse content, adjusting settings including interval, clips and frames per second.
- Motionlapse: Add the element of motion to your TimeLapse.
- Motion Control: Set unique movement paths with Motion Control by selecting up to 10 different points.
- Panorama: Automatically capture panoramas in multiple rows or columns.