Electro-Harmonix has been contributing to many of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years. Back in 1968, guitar amps were intentionally engineered to keep players from experimenting with distorted sounds. Electro-Harmonix changed all that. They are the creators of the Big Muff Pi, POG, Memory Man, and other iconic guitar effects pedals.
The Electro-Harmonix new MEL9 Tape Replay Machine emulates vintage Mellotron ® sounds and uses the same groundbreaking technology that powers the award-winning B9 and C9 Organ Machines plus the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine.
* Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron ® sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Claranet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
* Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and track bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs
* Also works with bass guitar down to the open A string as well as keyboards
* Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
* Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
* Attack control sets the volume swell speed
* Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped
* Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
* Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
* Dimensions in mm 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
* Mellotron is a registered trademark of David Kean, M. Resch AB and Markus Resch.