Blackmagic Design announced UltraStudio 4K Mini, a new capture and playback solution for Thunderbolt 3 computers with 12G-SDI, HDMI, analog video and audio connections that lets customers build solutions for editing, color grading, live broadcast graphics, archiving from traditional broadcast decks and live internet streaming.
UltraStudio 4K Mini is available immediately from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide for US$995.
The new UltraStudio 4K Mini model is a portable Thunderbolt 3 capture and playback solution packed with the latest broadcast technology, including 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0, and analog formats up to 4K DCI at 60p, and 12-bit hight dynamic range capture in all formats up to 4K DCI at 30p.
It is small enough to fit in a rack or be used on a desktop. The front panel features push button controls, an LCD for monitoring signal and setup, an XLR microphone input and a 1/4” headphone jack. UltraStudio 4K Mini features USB for connecting a keyboard and mouse, plus it will trickle charge their laptop computer when connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port. There’s even a built in SD card reader allowing instant access to their camera media cards.
With UltraStudio customers can connect to virtually any video device. All UltraStudio models include SDI in and out, HDMI for monitoring on TVs and projectors and analog YUV/NTSC/PAL video balanced analog input for archiving from legacy analog broadcast tape decks. The UltraStudio 4K Mini and Extreme models add an extra HDMI input plus a balanced analog audio for connecting to in-studio monitoring.
But on revolutionary Thunderbolt 3 technology, UltraStudio uses a blazingly fast single cable connection to any computer that has the bandwidth to handle the highest resolution video formats easily. Thunderbolt ensures low latency and highly accurate time synchronization for the highest quality capture and playback. UltraStudio 4K models also include an AC power connection, perfect when working in studios.
UltraStudio 4K Mini Features:
- Thunderbolt 3 interface for 40 Gb/s capture and playback
- 3 models available with both portable and rack mount options
- Ideal fo edit monitoring, live graphics, archive and streaming
- 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0, YUV/NTSC/PAL video and balanced audio
- Supports 45W trickle charging to connected computer
- Supports all SD, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2160p and 4K DCI formats
- Front panel with LCD, mic input, headphones and SD card slot
- Compatible with DaVinci Resolve for editing, color, VFX and audio
- Includes support for Mac, Windows and Linux