RØDE announced that they have released the next major firmware update for the RØDECaster Pro, making it even more powerful for podcasting and livestreaming. Version 2.1.2 gives you access to MIDI control for syncing the RØDECaster Pro with DAWs and streaming software, new sound pad modes, nine language options, and more.
What’s New in Firmware Version 2.1.2?
- MIDI control – Control the faders in your DAW or the scenes within your streaming software with the RØDECaster Pro via MIDI.
- New sound pad modes – Including ‘Swear Button’ and ‘Trash-Talk’ mode.
- Nine language options for the RØDECaster Pro and Companion App including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- You can download version 2.1.2 now from the RØDE website. The latest firmware update: 2.1.2 is now available to download for free.
- Get the most out of your RØDECaster Pro with the Companion App! Follow these four simple steps to simultaneously install the Companion App and update the firmware on your RØDECaster Pro.
Download the latest Companion App software to your computer using the download button on the RØDE website.
- Connect your RØDECaster Pro to your computer via USB.
- Open the Companion App. You will be automatically prompted to update the firmware on your RØDECaster Pro.
- Alternatively, you can manually update from within the Companion App by going to ‘File’ > ‘Update Firmware’.