Hive Lighting manufacturers high performance, energy efficient Plasma and LED lights for film, photo, TV, digital, science, and sports. Hive has introduced the Wasp 100-C LED light. It is an environmentally friendly lighting product.
The Wasp 100-C combines brilliant and energy-efficient LED lights with Hive’s Perfect S.H.O.T. System. It is a simple product built around you, made for real production scenarios.
With the Wasp-100 C, you can:
Play with color – Full hue and saturation controls gives you the ultimate ability to create an immersive lighting experience with infinite color combinations.
Leverage white light controls – Thanks to Hive’s white light controls, you can easily adjust lighting from warm candle light to cool daylight to support productions in any locations or at any time of day.
Accessorize – The Wasp-100-C has a 180 degree spread and is compatible with the accessories to shape light any way you want. Use light modifying accessories to customize your lighting for different on screen talent, subjects and locations. Create a theatrical spot light or a soft beauty light, a lantern light or a powerful flood.
Be in control – Control the saturation, hue and color of the light through professional DMX boards, a simple interface on the light itself or via your smartphone app.
Wasp 100-C Features:
- Onmi-Color LED
- 98 CRI / 97 TLCI
- 1-100% saturation
- 360 degree hue controls
- 0-100% dimming control
- 1,650K-8,000K color temperature
- Manual, DMX, smartphone control
- 100-240 VAC input via power supply
- 12-28 VDC input via 4-Pin XLR
- 7.5” (190mm) Length x 4” (100mm) Diameter body
- 5” (127mm) reflector face
- 5 lbs. / 2.3 kg
Wasp 100-C Kit Includes:
- Wasp 100-C head unit with 22” reflector
- Wasp 100-C power supply 100-240 VAC
- HDP Lenses: medium, wide, and super wide
- 5 inch 4-leaf barn doors
Canon announced the Canon EOS C200 and Canon EOS C2200B Digital Cinema Cameras, the latest additions to its acclaimed Cinema EOS line of professional cinema cameras. Designed to meet the demanding needs of filmmakers and TV production users, the new Canon cinema offerings will combine the ease of use of entry level cinema cameras with exciting new, high-end features that are ideal for cinema, documentary, wildlife, wedding and event productions.
Representing the third generation of the Cinema EOS system, the Canon EOS C200 and Canon EOS C200B Digital Cinema Cameras feature the latest in Canon technologies and offer two 4K video formats, Canon’s new Cinema RAW Light and MP4, optimized for those interested in recording beautiful HDR video. Alongside a newly developed dual DIGIC DV6 image processing system, Canon’s celebrated Dual Pixel CMOS AF system and improved operability for professionals, these new products are capable of capturing stunning 4K video across a variety of production applications.
Based on feedback from Cinema EOS users, this new offering will be available in two configurations, while retaining the same core technologies within. The Canon EOS C200 Digital Cinema Camera is a production-ready solution that can be used right out of the box, accompanied by an LCD Monitor, LCD Attachment, Camera Grip and Handle Unit. The camera also features a 1.77 million dot OLED Electronic View Finder (EVF).
For those who crave more versatility and the ability to craft custom setups tailored to their subject or environment, the Canon EOS C200B Digital Cinema Camera offers cinematographers the same camera without these accessories and the EVF to optimize shooting using a gimbal, drone, or a variety of other configurations.
The Canon EOS C200 and the EOS C200B are scheduled to be available in August 2017 for estimated retail process of $7,499 and $5,999 respectively. (Availability, prices and specifications subject to change without notice.)
It’s easier than ever to create multitrack music productions. Devices like portable recorders, smartphones, and tablets allow musicians to do everything from capture song ideas to produce full multitrack compositions almost anywhere.
It seems only logical that an established music-production software company like iZotope would take advantage of this modern portable recording landscape. And the company has done just that with the recent release of its multitrack music-production app, Spire.
iZotope’s Spire app allows users to record up to eight tracks with “professional polish.” Spire also allows users to edit tracks to tighten up productions and create seamless loops. Spire users can then mix those tracks by adjusting individual track volume and pan settings. Users can also choose between mono or stereo playback. And finally, multitrack creations made within Spire can be exported to other audio-production apps for enhanced processing, or they can be uploaded to external services for further sharing and storage options.
iZotope’s Spire app may sound impressive enough just based on its features alone. But the most remarkable thing about Spire might be its price, as Spire is completely free! No in-app purchases. No weird registration requirements. Just download the app, and get to work producing your next musical masterpiece.
Electric guitars can produce a wide range of tones and sounds right out of the box. An electric guitar’s sonic capability can be greatly extended thru the use of effects pedals and processors. But even with all of the possibilities available in the modern guitar world, it can still be a challenge to make a guitar properly reproduce the sounds of other instruments. Thanks to digital samples and MIDI, keyboard players have had access to a countless number of instrument and synthesizer sounds for decades. And while guitar synthesizers have been around for some time, they’ve only recently become truly useful for most guitarists.
One big advance in guitar-synth technology is the Fishman TriplePlay system. TriplePlay uses a special guitar pickup that translates guitar notes into MIDI and wirelessly transmits that data to a host device which can use that data to trigger digital samples in the same way as a keyboard or digital piano.
Fishman recently announced an update to its TriplePlay software. The company provided details for the update in an e-mail blast:
- New library folders in the patches window
- MIDI thru to all plugins and external hardware
- Multi channel Mono and Single channel Poly modes can be chosen on a pre patch basis
- Increased patch load speed
- New graphic interface
- Improved patch creation and patch editing features
- Improved plugin stability
- Improved DAW functionality
The Fishman TriplePlay software update can be downloaded here.
German audio-production software company HOFA has launched its second Produktions and Song Check Contest. The contest asks songwriters and producers to submit one original song in exchange for a chance to win different prizes:
The PSC is a competition especially for songwriters and producers. Our declared goal is the provision of a common platform and the promotion of outstanding talents.
Who can join in?
Any solo artist, team, band etc. can join in with a song of their own (!). Each participant can submit ONE track; remixes and coversongs are excluded. Send us your song if you believe it‘s a brillant piece of songwriting and production. The participation is free!
HOFA’s contest allows producers to submit songs in these main genres:
- Electronic Music
- World Music
- Rock/Heavy Metal
- Traditional Music
Each main genre has attendant sub-genres that allow participants to select the category that works best for their songs.
Winners of the song contest will be eligible to receive prizes from a number of different audio-production companies:
- 500 € Main Prizes for each category
- 100 € vouchers for HOFA plugins
- 1 pair of KSD-C5 audio monitors
- 1 Shure KSM-42 microphone
- 4 software prizes from Steinberg
- 1 pair of Adam F5 audio monitors
- 500 € voucher for Thomann
HOFA’s song contest runs until July 31st and is open to anyone submitting original music. Click any of the links above to learn more about the contest.
Musical instrument and equipment manufacturer Line 6 announced it is holding a flash sale on software modeling packs. The sale will expire at 11:59PM (Pacific Time) on Monday, June 12th. The sale features different modeling packs for some of Line 6’s effects processors.
Modeling packs include:
- HD Metal
- HD Vintage
- HD Bass
- HD Fully Loaded Bundle
- Bass Expansion Pack
- Power Pack
- FX Junkie Pack
- Collector Classics Pack
- Metal Shop Pack
- Triple Pack Bundle
These Line 6 model packs focus heavily on electric guitar and electric bass processing. But these packs could be used for a wide range of applications, including processing of acoustic instruments and vocals.
The descriptions for each model pack indicates which Line 6 products are compatible with the packs. A quick survey shows that most packs are compatible with older Line 6 product lines like POD HD (all models), Guitarport, PodXt (all models), Pod Studio (all models), and TonePort (all models), Unfortunately, there isn’t anything here for newer Line 6 products like the Helix or Firehawk lines.
These model packs from Line 6 range in price from $29.99 to $99.99. All model packs can be purchased and downloaded directly from the Line 6 website. Most model packs can then be installed and authorized using the appropriate management software from Line 6.
BOSS’s Acoustic Singer Pro acoustic amplifier takes the acoustic state amp to new levels of sound quality and creative versatility. Incorporating BOSS’s latest advancements in amplifier research, this compact powerhouse produces rich, vibrant sound with unmatched punch and clarity.
Independent channels are provided for acoustic guitar and vocal, and each is equipped with discrete analog input circuits and three-band EQ for studio-quality sound. And with additional features such as Acoustic Resonance, looping, automatic vocal harmonies, effects, and more, the Acoustic Singer Pro gives acoustic musicians everything they need to deliver inspiring and impactful live performances.
- Professional acoustic amplifier with premium sound and features
- 120-watt bi-amp design with custom-designed 8-inch woofer and dome tweeter
- Dual channels with discrete analog input electronics and three-band EQ
- Dedicated guitar channel with Acoustic Resonance to restore natural tone to stage guitars with piezo pickups
- Mic channel with phantom power and ¼ inch/XLR combo input for connecting a vocal/guitar microphone or second instrument source
- Chorus effect on guitar channel, delay/echo effect on mic channel, and independent reverb on both channels
- Harmony function automatically creates smooth and accurate vocal harmonies via real-time key/chord analysis of the guitar input
- Built-in looper for practicing, developing ideas, and enhancing live performances
- Independent anti-feedback controls on each channel
- Dual XLR DI jacks assignable to outputting individual channels (direct or post-effects) or both channels mixed together
- USB output for direct recording to a computer
- Control looper, harmony, and effects with optional footswitches
Size and Weight:
- Width: 417 mm or 16-7/16 inches
- Depth: 330 mm or 13 inches
- Height: 358 mm or 14-1/8 inches
- Weight: 14.5 kg or 32 lbs oz
AVerMedia has introduced the AM310 USB Microphone. It is a plug and play microphone that lets you record high quality sound for podcasting, streaming, gaming and more. Immerse your audience with clearer, richer, and warmer recorded sound.
AVerMedia AM310 is designed for music performers and live streamers who long for studio-quality sound. The built-in cardioid condenser records sound sources that are directly in front of the microphone, delivering detail, accurate, full-bodied sound.
With its driver-free and plug-and-play design, installing AVerMedia AM310 is easy. Simply plug it into a USB port on your PC or Mac, and you are ready to record.
AVerMedia AM310 comes equipped with a 3.5 mm headphone jack that enables you to either listen to what you’re recording in real-time or what’s playing on your computer, all at the toggle of a switch. A headphone volume knob with mic mute function is also included for easy control.
- Type: Uni-directional condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sample rate: 48 kHz
- Bit rate: 16-bit
- Power required: USB (5V DC)
- Sensitivity: -60 +/- 5dB (at 1kHz, 0dB = 1V/u bar)
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Dimensions: (mic) (W x D x H): 74.2 x 74.2 x 155.3 mm
- Weight: (mic) 486 g +/- 5g (1.03lb +/- 0.17 oz)
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 or Mac OS 9 / X
- USB 2.0 port or newer
Spark Camera Remote is the easiest way to control your camera. It can help you to take better photos. Spark Camera Remote is on Kickstarter now and has been fully funded. The Kickstarter ends on May 19, 2017.
Spark is the most versatile camera remote on the market. With three different modes of control, Spark was built to adapt to whatever situation you are shooting in. Whether you’re taking a fun group photo, capturing a long exposure of the stars, or settling down and setting up a time lapse, Spark gives you instant control. With your phone or without it.
Spark has three control modes: Infrared, Wired Trigger and App Control. You can point Spark at your camera’s infrared receiver and press the button to take a photo. No more trying to out-run your camera’s self timer.
You can use Spark as a traditional wired trigger and take photos, long exposures, and bursts without accidentally shaking your camera. You can also plug Spark into your camera and control it from your phone. You get a 100ft Bluetooth range and access to the complete set of Spark features.
- 200+ hours of battery – Spark automatically goes to sleep when you aren’t using it.
- Weighs 0.75 ounces
- Free Spark Camera Control app will be available for both iOS and Android
- Bluetooth 4
- External triggering
- Long exposures
- HDR – Bracket images to maximize dynamic range in the harshest conditions
- Photo Booth – Capture portraits, selfies, and candid photos without any fuss
- Time Lapses
Litepanels, a pioneer in LED lighting for the film, photographic, and broadcast industries and a Vitec Group brand, announced significant upgrades to its professional LED lighting range. Building on the quality and popularity of the innovative Astra 1X1 panel, the next-generation Litepanels Astra 3X and 6X LED panels now feature a significant increase in output and a decrease in power consumption.
The Astra 6X Daylight panel and the Astra 3X Daylight panel build on the popularity of the Astra 1×1 Family. Following the Litepanels tradition of one square foot form factor, the Astra series is designed with select premium quality, high CRI, surface mount LEDs and paired with custom optics that provides the Astra 6X and Astra 3X with high color quality that’s perfect for lighting talent.
The Astra 6X is now 50% brighter than the first generation Astra and 6 times brighter than the original 1×1. The Astra 3X is 50% brighter than the Astra EP and 3 times brighter than the original 1×1.
* Premium selected LEDs paired with custom optics
* Flexible, modular concept
* Optional communications module allows the intensity to be controlled via DMX or Bluetooth
* Optional yoke mounted Gold Mount or V-Mount batter plates
* Field replaceable external power supply
* Modern fixture design
* Easily identifiable and ergonomic manual controls for dimming and power status
* Aluminium I-beam core construction to provide maximum durability and superior thermal management
* Integrated smooth dimming from 100% to 0 with no cover shift
* Flicker-free at any frame rate or shutter angle
* Aluminium accessory mounting points and lens/filter rails
* End cap exhaust vents angle downward to direct air flow away from the fixture and help prevent foreign material from entering