Line 6 has released a the Variax Limited Edition Amethyst guitar. It is made with a special translucent-purple finish.
Featuring a translucent-purple finish over a flamed-maple veneer top, the Variax Limited Edition Amethyst guitar was selected by more than 2,000 guitarists in the Line 6 Color Sweepstakes. Each instrument features a Limited Edition insignia and numbered neck plate – plus a look that’s sure to command attention. This guitar is being produced in a limited run.
- Translucent-purple finish over a flamed-maple veneer top, with matching headstock overlay and black pickguard
- Small production run with Limited Edition badging and numbered neck plate
- Lightweight alder body with proprietary tremolo bridge
- One-piece maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and Graph Tech neck
- Three Yamaha Alnico V single-coil pickups
- Wide range of guitar sounds and alternate tunings via Variax HD modeling
- HD guitar models based on historic Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, and other renowned vintage instruments
At the time I am writing this, the Line 6 website says that the Variax Limited Edition Amethyst guitar is “in stock”. It is priced at $899.99.